First blog assignment

 Hello, my name is Ava. A bit about me, I enjoy many luxuries in life, such as ice cream, Netflix, and everything fuzzy! My family is the most important thing to me, this includes my mini Aussie, Eva. I have a strong head and big heart, which undoubtedly leads me to enjoy creating and experiencing art. 


My relationship with art started young, as a kid in preschool I couldn't stop adding colors to the paper, this was a problem because all the colors turned my papers a mucky brown/black. But as I learned the concept of "a little goes a long way", they improved. During my elementary years, my grandfather would always visit us with pieces of art he got at flea markets or garage sales. He would talk about who the artist was, but I never cared too much, I was more curious about why the artist decided to make the painting the way he did. Then I find myself as a young teen where I learn the importance of knowing people to know their art. This time in my life art was used as a coping tool for challenges I was facing, it made sense now. Currently, I enjoy a little drawing and painting, but I mainly enjoy tattooing. I enjoy the permanent devotion to a piece of art, and when it is something you personally designed the feeling is surreal.






Comments

  1. I remember when grandpa would give us pieces from his storage unit. He still loves paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many thought provoking statements in your blog post - from permanent devotion, the connection with art and religion and how perceptions of great art have changed over time. Great introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that you went with tattoos as a form of art because I think when a lot of people, myself included, think of art the mind naturally goes to a painting or drawing. While I have no tattoos myself (because I am too much of a chicken) I love to look at others tattoos and see the artwork they envisioned come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tattooing is so cool! I honestly want to learn to do it someday, but the thought of messing up scares me too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think tattooing is an amazing way to show your true artistic self. Is the picture of the tattoo you shared something you did in the beginning of tattooing or something recent?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pan!c - The Art of Looking Okay: Art Analysis

Judith, Her Maidservant, and Holofernes - Baroque Art Analysis